• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you agree with home schooling?
I'm a person who is never in favor of home schooling. I believe that kids learn the best with and among other kids. It is not only about academic studies but about the overall growth and development of the child. Children have a natural tendency of imbibing things from other kids. So what changes and growth a proper school can bring out can never be brought by home schooling.

Exposure to the outside world is really important and schools are the best medium to do so. The amount of knowledge that can be imparted by the teachers and other kids is far better than home schooling.

I do not rule out home schooling completely . There are many parents who have successfully home schooled their kids . But when there is a comparison among the two then , according to me, proper schooling is much better. On top of that a proper blend of the two can really create wonders.
Yes, I agree with this kind of education. However, the specific need of each child has to be taken into consideration because this type of education is indeed an effective method, but if not properly applied it can be very detrimental to the development of the child.
Yes, as I am homeschooling my children. There are several reasons for us to choose homeschooling, and the main reason is the public school system. I guess it really depends on how the public school is in your country, I guess if I am staying in Finland, I might not choose to homeschool as I have always read how good the education system there is.
(Sunday 28th May 2017, 05:59 PM)roxanam84 Wrote: Parents should do whatever they think it's right for their children. However, I would never choose to home school my daughter. Teachers go through years of school to prepare and I doubt that I could ever do a better job. What is your opinion? Do you agree with home schooling?

I do belive in the aspects and benefits of homeschooling. That's why I homeschooled all my grown up children and still do who are still at home. My decision to homeschool my children is not to denegrade teachers who have had their diplomas on the wall so that they can teach, professionally. I admire them tremendously.

When people ask me what are my qualifications, I simply tell them my sweet answer, "I'm a parent." My husband and I agree to this decision to this present.
I personally don't agree. School has more advantages because, it does not only teach, but also socialize pupils. And for parenting, two of the most important subjects are good education and good breeding. It is the best in preparing kids for adult life.

I personally don't agree. School has more advantages because, it does not only teach, but also socialize pupils. And for parenting, two of the most important subjects are good education and good breeding. It is the best in preparing kids for adult life.
May be possible to make home schooling work out better than regular school. But most of the time, parents won't have the ability to do it properly. So it ends up being better for the child to go to public school. Home schooled children might end up performing better, but they also usually end up being socially awkward and lack the skills to operate in the real world socially.
Yes I agree with homeschooling! With the way the public school system is headed, I say keep your children home and teach them yourself! The public school system is on the verge of taking a parent's right to choose what their children learn away. We have a right to teach our children what we want them to learn and when we want them to learn it. We can't leave our children's education in the hands of our government.
I feel as if it would have a negative effect on my childrens view of the world if they where homeschooled​. School is a child's first taste of freedom and learning how to interact with peers. I would never want to take that away as it's not something I could aduequatly teach my children. We can tell out children how to act around a bully, girl, peers, or anything else but nothing replaces experience.
I don't think home schooling is wrong or bad, so I won't say I disagree, but I also won't say I agree. Public schools has helped me, though it has its own cons, but its all to make me, us, a better person. We'll have more experience about how people are and how things work in this world from a public school rather than from a home school. Social skill is really important and you won't learn as much in a home school.